Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
For rejuvenated, youthful, tightened skin without the downtime associated with a surgical facelift,
Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP) Therapy, sometimes called “Vampire Facelift” is a safe, effective and promising anti-aging treatment that:
- Improves skin circulation for a rosy, healthy complexion
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
- Increases Collagen production
- Smoothes out lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin texture
- Shrinks large pores
- Reduces acne scarring and stretch marks
- Thickens and grows scalp hair -click here to learn more about Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in Hair Restoration
What is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy?
PRP, or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy that takes advantage of growth factors found in blood platelets. Platelets contain concentrated amounts of proteins that afford amazing healing effects to injured organs, including the skin, the body’s largest organ. When someone receives a PRP treatment, whether by micro needling, injection, or combined with Fraxel laser treatments, the serum immediately starts to promote collagen production and stem cell growth, which encourages the creation of new skin cells – new younger looking skin.
The treatment is performed by micro needling or injecting the PRP and is designed to non-surgically eliminate wrinkles, improve skin texture, shrink large pores and improve the appearance of various skin imperfections.
What Is Micro-Needling?
Microneedling is the rapid penetration of the skin by 12 very tiny, thin needles that deposit platelet rich plasma into the skin’s dermis which stimulates new collagen production thereby promoting rejuvenation and inducing tightening of loose skin. A generous layer of a topical numbing agent is applied to ensure optimum comfort.
What to expect?
- -The procedure takes about an hour
- -PRP Therapy requires a small amount of your own blood (30-60 ml) which is drawn in our office.
- -Vials are placed in a centrifuge and spun at high speeds to separate the red cells from the plasma
- -PRP can then be injected to the face, neck, hands, or scalp or applied before and after micro needling
- -minimal to no downtime
- -Visible improvement within four weeks and sometimes sooner, depending on the skin condition being treated
- – Skin becomes more radiant and luminescent as pores shrink, the skin’s matrix tightens, and new collagen grows to create smoother, younger-looking skin.