PRP HAIR RESTORATION TREATMENT – AN EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR FEMALE HAIR LOSS
Women are always very concerned about their hair and they want to have long, flowing, strong and shining hair that not only give them beautiful looks but also enhance their self-confidence. But, they become much worried when they experience any type of problem affecting their hair, especially hair loss that is a most common problem. Millions of American women suffer from some type of hair loss. The condition of hair loss, shedding or thinning hair feels as something is badly affecting the overall appearance, self-esteem, and self-confidence of women. Fortunately, the technological advancements in medical field introduce most safe and effective treatment that completely treats the problem of hair loss and restores the lost hair of the women. This treatment is named as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Restoration Treatment that is a non-surgical procedure treating the hair loss in the safest manner that helps you to regain your hair and those beautiful looks.
Here, we give you a detailed explanation about PRP Hair Restoration treatment and how this PRP therapy helps you to regain your lost hair or improves your thinning hair problem:
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF PRP HAIR RESTORATION?
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma, a component found in the human blood and during a PRP therapy, this component, derives from the own blood of the patient, is injected into the affected areas to stimulate the growth of hair follicles that results in the growth of new hair.
HOW PRP WORKS OR WHAT IS THE SCIENCE OF PRP?
As PRP is derived from patient’s own blood for stimulating the hair follicle, the PRP hair loss treatment is usually called as an autologous medical procedure.
Platelet Rich Plasma contains special Platelet cells that are one of the main components found in human blood and these platelets cause the growth of hair follicles by stimulating the follicular stem cells and other cells inside the hair follicle. These platelets contain different intracellular structures such as lysosomes, glycogen and alpha granules. Within the PRP, these structures contain clotting and certain growth factors such as platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), transforming growth f
actor beta (TGF-b), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) and insulin like growth factor (IGF). These clotting and growth factors are released when the process of healing and repairing started after injecting PRP into the targeted area.
The growth factors and the PRP itself together perform most important functions for hair restoration and these include promoting the healing, speeding up the process of tissue healing and regeneration and forming the growth of new follicular cells.
The main purpose of using PRP for the hair restoration treatment is that it stimulates the inactive hair follicle into the active growth phase.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE OF PRP HAIR RESTORATION PERFORMED?
- The first step of the PRP procedure involves taking a small amount of patient’s blood and it is just like you are having your routine blood testing.
- Then, this drawn blood is spun in a centrifuge to separate the Platelet Rich Plasma from other components of blood. The blood cells are spun to a very high concentration and that is why the separated platelets are three times more concentrated than the normal value of blood.
- After that, an antiseptic scalp wash is used to wash the targeted scalp area. Then, local anesthesia is applied on the targeted area of the scalp by using a topical numbing cream.
- When the targeted area is completely numbed, the doctor injects highly concentrated PRP into the scalp with a micro
- After completing the procedure, the patient’s hair is washed.
- Usually, the duration of the PRP hair loss treatment is about one hour.
DOES PRP ACTUALLY WORK?
Yes, PRP actually make wonders as it has been observed that patients have visible results after getting a PRP therapy. Although individual results may vary usually the new hair grows within 4-6 months after the treatment and this growth becomes continuous over the period of 12-15 months. The new hair becomes more dense, thick and strong. These results of PRP can last for months and even years depending on the conditions of the individual patient.
ARE YOU AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR PRP THERAPY?
Yes, you are the ideal candidate for PRP therapy if you are over the age of 18 years, experiencing alopecia (patchy hair loss) or hereditary hair loss or thinning hair and don’t want to go for a surgical procedure such as hair transplant.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL YOU GET WITH PRP HAIR RESTORATION?
Following are the benefits of PRP hair treatment:
- PRP Hair Restoration is the non-surgical treatment for all types of hair loss problems.
- It gives no pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- It is completely safe treatment.
- It gives no adverse reaction or side effects or complications because PRP is a natural treatment in which your own blood cells are injected into the scalp.
- The downtime is minimal.
- The recovery time is fast and you can go to your home after the treatment session.
- The results are extremely natural and effective.
IS THERE ANY SIDE EFFECT OF PRP TREATMENT?
There is definitely no chance of any side effect or allergic reaction or complication against the injected PRP because the cells are taken from your own blood and these are re-injected into the scalp. As the cells are not changed or modified so the immune system accepts them normally.
CONTACT LASER KLINIC SPECIALISTS FOR PRP HAIR RESTORATION TREATMENT FOR FEMALE HAIR LOSS:
If you are looking for professional specialists and board-certified plastic surgeons for the treatment of hair loss or thinning hair with PRP therapy, Laser Klinic plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeons are the right professionals for you. We provide an effective PRP Hair Restoration treatment for females in NYC by having a detailed consultation with you to assess your expectations, goals and the condition of your hair and then we provide a customized treatment plan. We help you to take back your beautiful looks and restore your self-confidence. Schedule a free consultation or call us (212) 229-1600